Monday, February 3, 2014

Rose tea pot

Isn't it funny how things come to us?
Sometimes things we have wanted for a long time
we find in the strangest places.
You never know what's around the 
corner or what the new day may bring.

I have had this old cream and sugar bowl 
for many years.
It was given to my Aunt at one of her
bridal showers back in the 1950's.
She never liked it and it ended up with my mom
who passed it on to me knowing i would love it.
Which i do!


About five years ago my parents moved their store
to a building they purchased downtown. 
They have a really great back room with a full kitchen.
I was there visiting and opened the cupboard to get 
myself a mug for tea when i spotted this tea pot!
It was left behind by the previous owner.
Hidden in the corner and my mom never made
the connection to my cream and sugar bowl.
It's the exact pattern.
She forgot how the sugar bowl was given to her sister
until i refreshed her memory.



But isn't it strange how this  beautiful tea pot
was left behind??
And left for me to find who owns
the matching cream and sugar bowl?
I don't know about you but i love
stuff like this...strange happenings...
more mysteries of life that
make me even more appreciative.




We have all been told that it is  good to have a gratitude journal...but for me i find it better  to be in a daily state of appreciation. If we look for it there is always something to appreciate in any given day.

I'm reading a great novel and the character is paralyzed from the neck down from polio.
The part that hit home to me the most was when she said how when her caretaker dusts the lamp
shade  it can sometimes become crooked and she cannot reach out to fix it.
Think about that for a moment.... not being able to reach over and fix that shade into place.
That was deep for me...and really made me realize so much.
Simple things can sometimes be the biggest things to appreciate.

Until next time have a happy week!
Pamela xo

8 comments:

  1. I sometimes think that things like the teapot are waiting for the right person to come along...how else do we explain it. It's beautiful, and I am so glad that you and it have found each other.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is all those little things that add up.

    I am overly appreciative this year because of my recent retirement. I sometimes just stop and look around the house and am so thankful that I can be in my home creating, tweaking, gardening, cleaning (only because I like the after look).

    That teapot was meant to be yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the tea set. The pattern is fantastic, and you were meant to find the teapot! I think it's a neat story how you acquired the set a piece at a time.

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful how those pieces came into you possession. I love those pieces and that is a gorgeous pattern! You are right- we so need to be grateful for each little thing that comes into our life-by chance or by design. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to think of it as shopping serendipity - when you find that piece that seems to be made for your life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your story about how you found the matching teapot is wonderful!...it gave me goosebumps! What a beautiful little tea set, just gorgeous. I wonder if your Aunty guided you to that cupboard? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's like a magical teapot. It was just there waiting for you to find it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your teapot story is great. I love when things like that happen!! It's such a pretty set.
    I appreciate you stopping by and your lovely comments.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete

I love love reading all your comments!! They mean so much to me...thank you..Pamela xo