I can't tell you how shocked i was first thing this morning when i checked out my blog.
Not only had i received one award but two!!
What a wonderful surprise. My little blog receiving two more awards.
My first award came from the beautiful Li at creamy white.
Li hails from Alberta a fellow Canadian like myself. Her blog is lovely and a joy to read.
You get a sense of her wonderful kind spirit when you read her blog. I am honoured Li that you
chose me...really it means alot.
My next award came from Melissa at red cranberry cottage
Melissa is also Canadian and lives right by me on Vancouver Island. She's also become
a wonderful friend to me. Having just moved here and no friends or family of
my own she has really helped me out alot.
Her blog is lovely but oh so funny. It is a riot. She is quite the story teller.
Now i am supposed to list seven things about myself...hmm ...well here goes 7
things you don't know about me.
1. I am a compulsive re arranger of furniture since i was a little girl. I drove my parents nuts rearranging my room and now i drive my husband nuts rearranging the entire house!
2. I love animals...period. Whenever someone dies or there is a divorce the first question i always ask is "How are the pets?"
3. I hate working. I cringe every time someone asks when i am getting a "job". I love being a homemaker...which is ironic having been raised by a very strong independent successful business mother. My husband is okay with it so that's all that matters.
4. I love to cook! You will never leave my home hungry... i feed everyone. It's the Italian in me.
I love to cook and entertain.
5. I have a very strong faith. I give God the first part of everyday and lastly before bed.
6. I have a huge fear of snakes. Hate them . When i see one i want to vomit and then i can't even eat. My friend Grace at -sense and simplicity did a "wonderful" post on snakes in Winnipeg and i nearly had heart failure and had to close my eyes as i scrolled down to leave her a comment! Man that was traumatising...but it's okay I've forgiven her!
7. I talk to myself! Yep all the time. It drove my mother crazy and now my husband. But the funny thing is ....my son does it!! I catch him all the time talking to himself!
Like mother like son ...gotta love it!!
Now i am supposed to pass on this award...
My cousin Karen at karen something or other or known as Ow, my anst. My cousin
is funny, witty with a dry sense of humour on the musings of life. She should really
be a writer. Check her out!
My friend Susan at ash tree cottage who is an interior decorator and always gives me
great design advice. Her blog is lovely and sweet . It will take you back in time. Visiting Susan's blog is like visiting an old friend. And you must meet her adorable dog Bentley.
My new friend Becca at Patina Moon. Becca is an artist living in the desert where it's always hot and sunny. Her work is beautiful!! I love visiting Becca especially for her great taste in music. That alone is worth the visit. Plus she's a cat person!! She has two beautiful orange cats.
My fellow Vancouver Island friend Lorrie at fabric paper thread . Lorrie's blog is full of beautiful photos of the island and crafts she's done and wonderful stories i love to read. I find Lorrie's blog interesting and has alot of variety.
Thanks again to my friends Melissa and Li... it meant alot to me!!