Well I am very late
in accepting this award
from my Lovely ( I know she is cringing at that word)
Cousin Karen at Ow my , Angst
Karen's blog is witty, sarcastic, unrated
and very funny!
She is my cousin from my dad's side of the family.
Humour runs rampant on this side so Karen
comes by it naturally.
Decorating and constant rearranging also run in the family
Our three Aunts are fabulous decorators so I am guessing
I took after them!
Apparently the rules to accepting this award is to
list 7 things about myself...
1. I am a huge animal lover but CATS are my favourite animal...
(Don't tell this to Pilot...she would never forgive me!)
2. My biggest accomplishment so far in this little life of mine is my SON...
Every day I am completely in awe of what an amazing child he is..bright
extremely funny (thanks dad for those genes) , loving and just a joy to
be around. I can brag here since I was only given one and I did want more.
This spring at his teacher's request he will be taking the gifted testing.
He is also very HUMBLE about all his great achievements, straight A's,
Bursary award in Piano. Lead role in Christmas play.
3. The reason why we moved 3,000 miles from home is not a happy story.
But following your dreams never pleases other people.
4. I have always been a very generous person. Countless friends, strangers
and animals I have always given to. When I see a need I do my best
5. I am still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up
but until then I am focusing on my son and cooking lots of big meals
for my hard working husband.
6. I have been with my husband for 19years ! He is the hardest working man
(next to my dad) that I have ever known. He has never had help from anyone.
He put himself through school working three jobs , feeding himself no care packages from
home or support of any kind.
Through these 19 years we have overcome many challenges and heartaches some
that still continue but I would say our marriage is stronger and more loving than ever.
7. I have finally learned that when life hands you lemons (and I had plenty) you don't make
lemonade...you have a big glass of wine instead!!
Thank you Karen for this award!!!!