Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Pleasures of Tea

Is there anything more pleasurable or soothing than a nice cup of tea at the end of the day...or mid afternoon? Tea is such a refreshing beverage. It has the ability to heal and calm us. Some teas even claim to help us lose weight!! Unlike coffee, tea gives us the excuse to be elegant and use our best china. Lovely pastries and dainty sandwiches compliment tea so well. As children didn't we all love to have a tea party?


I'm on the lookout for another tea pot. Tea can be casual too. This is a simple but pretty white teapot.

This photo from Country Living shows the perfect afternoon tea party.






A perfect excuse to bring out your pretty cups and saucers!







And then for those who are serious tea people they can express it in their decor...






A teapot lamp...







For the formal tea drinkers...









































Don't forget about the tea leaves! Since Victorian times women have been having their tea leaves read.









My favourite part at the end of the day is to relax with my cup of tea.

















Even Alice enjoyed a good tea party!















Thanks for coming to my tea party!
Pamela xo














11 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for visiting me the other day..your blog is so so lovely!!! I love Duncan..one Summer I worked at the Royal Bank downtown ....my Uncle was the manager..a great summer job..we lived in Cobble Hill.
    Lived in Victoria for 12 years...we visit often. off to visit some of your past posts...so happy to have a Canadian friend..I do not have too many of them on my blog. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh, I love that blue teapot. And I love tea. There's nothing like a cup to soothe and relax.

    I notice you're in Duncan - I'm in Parksville, just moved from Victoria 4 weeks ago, and am slowly getting settled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I love tea parties Pamela! One of our girls favourite things is to have a tea party, with pink sugar and yummy scones with jam and cream, complete with fine bone china:) What a gorgeous post!! Hope you have a fabulous weekend ~ Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so loving the red toile tea pot and that teacup chandelier..oh my g oodness girl. That is gorgeous.I love tea parties too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been a busy girl, on your blog making really beautiful posts.....I am counting down the days....to visit you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree...a cup of tea in a very english way can solve everything. An the lamps...? fantastic!!!!

    Have a lovely weekend, Zaira

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't you the elegant one, sitting there in your pink dress sipping tea.

    I love tea as well. In fact, I might just need to have a cuppa right now, now that you mention it. I'd use those red transferware cups if I had some, which I really wish I did. Thanks for the virtual tea party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pamela,
    I love having tea! My husband and I used to go to a wonderful tea shop once a week and have tea and scones. We would have the best time. Your photos are so lovely!
    Have a great weekend.
    Sincerely,
    Melinda
    15 Bella Vie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pamela, I appreciate the compliments on my home and you are right men do not get it. I checked out your post and I thought it funny, I have my antiques in a barn that has a Tea House on Site. The White Linen Teahouse. I could have tea on the days that I work but I'm sorry, coffee for me. It is a wonderful place and every woman should treat herself to a tea in her life time. My children just love when we have a tea and get dressed up and invite friends for tea. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Pamela! I DO love tea!!! (even now I'm sipping a good cup of tea!)

    Thank you for the story about the sailor kissing the girl in NY, I didn't know it!

    Hugs!
    Mara

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love to drink tea and broth. They are my two favorite drinks.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete

I love love reading all your comments!! They mean so much to me...thank you..Pamela xo